Friday, September 26, 2008

Not much going on...

Not much going on today. It's quiet out on the lake, and even though the sun still feels warm and the leaves aren't falling yet, you know it's fall. The shadows hit the lawn a lot earlier in the afternoon, and whereas before I used to open the umbrella out on the deck to protect me from the sun, I don't need to now. I really enjoy these last warm days, even though it's a little too quiet. When the jet skis stop jetting around, and the boats start disappearing from the docks, I feel the urge to spend more time outside. Soon I'll have to close the windows and start thinking about things like furnace filters and changing the timers so the lights go on earlier, and earlier. Even though I like winter for the most part once it's here, I hate to see it grow dark at five in the afternoon.

Anyway, it's Friday and we're heading out to eat tonight. I'm looking forward to that, probably going to an Italian restaurant. There's a couple good ones nearby. I feel like having some shrimp scampi and angel hair pasta with tomatoes and lots of garlic. That sounds good to me, and possibly some really crusty bread. Maybe a little wine would be nice too, though I'll probably end up the designated driver so it will really have to be a little wine.

Okay, well that's about all I have to say. I did do a book signing last weekend that turned out really nice, but I'll save that for another time.

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: