Monday, September 8, 2008

Things happen...

Hello,
Haven't posted a blog since May. I guess I haven't felt like writing. They say things happen in threes, and I hope they're right, because I wouldn't want to experience more of this.

Three people I cared about have died since May. First, our water skiing buddy, John, went into the hospital with what looked like a curable lung cancer, then died three weeks later. Then our neighbor across the street, Mike, a young man who had been battling leukemia for several years, died also. Then one of our very, very best friends, Eric, had a heart attack while driving home from work. This was in July.

We had just seen him on a Saturday, two days before it happened. Luckily, though he crashed into the back of a truck, no one else was hurt. They took him to the hospital, but it was too late.

So, I hope that's the end of it.

I guess I must be coming out of the doldrums, or I wouldn't be writing now.

I'm sorry to see summer ending, even though it was not the best for me.

Nice day out today. I plan to take a walk.

I'll try to check in soon...

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

No comments: