Saturday, August 25, 2007

About the Free EBooks

Someone from Edmonton, Alberta downloaded one of my free EBooks today. I have no idea where this person (whose name I will not mention, of course) found out about my free book offer. I know I didn't advertise in Alberta certainly....

When my website was designed, I had no idea I would be as curious as I am now to know details, but I would love to know the chain of events that led this person to find my site and decide to download my book. (If I had known how curious I would be, I would have included an area on the download page for adding this information. Of course, I could still change it.)

Several people (okay, ladies) downloaded my book in India too. I didn't advertise there either. I can only guess that somehow they found me on the web. But I would sure like to know how. Did someone just happen across my website, and then tell a few friends?

And many from the U.S. have downloaded my book ... in the north, south, east, and west. This I can sort of understand, as I did some target advertising in certain cities. But though I advertised in those certain cities, many books were downloaded in states I did not advertise in. Hmmm, how did that happen?

I guess I'll never know, and I guess it doesn't matter. I guess all I can do is keep trying to get the word out, and keep marveling each time someone from a distant city, perhaps on the other side of the world, finds my book....

Of course, if any of you happen to be reading this now, I hope you enjoyed the book!

And please, write and let me know how you found me! Nancy :)

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

No comments: