Thursday, September 20, 2007

End of a great summer....

I'm so happy to see the weather return to summer-like conditions. It was so depresssing a week or so ago to have to put on long pants, full gloves, and a thick vest for my morning Saturday ride. I've been warmer skiing than I was biking.

Anyway, I rode last night over on the east side, Gross Pointe, and it was very enjoyable because it's so flat there. I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis, but it's a nice treat once in a while. I've improved greatly since June, when I struggled to hang onto the group, and got left on Jefferson riding alone. Last night, I not only kept up, but passed quite a few people, but after about three minutes or so of going 27 to 30 miles an hour, I was done.... But the rest of the ride was a decent pace and then my favorite stop, Starbucks for coffee at the tables outside, before heading back to our starting point.

It was so nice to ride in a sleeveless jersey and shorts again, and it didn't cool down even after the sun set. Then we had dinner at Champs, about eight of us cramped together at a table outside, but that's the way it had to be since the patio was crowded. It appeared everybody else wanted to eat out in the nice weather too.

I am not looking forward to summer ending, and hope that this summery streak continues for a while. For one thing, I'll miss the crickets. They were really loud last night, especially as it grew dark. Guess they were glad to be out in the warm weather again too.

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter,

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

No comments: