Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Great Day for a Signing

I thought you might like to hear how my latest book signing turned out. I have to admit I was nervous about the weather, worrying that the roads would be covered with snow and ice on my drive to Fenton. But it was a beautiful sunny day, the roads clear and dry. The journey didn't take as long as I thought it would, about forty-five minutes, and I tend to be a cautious driver, rarely exceeding the speed limit.

The owner of the Little Professor Book Center stationed all of us at the front of the store. Previously I mentioned six authors would sign, but actually it was eight of us. And I liked everybody! They were all so friendly! Two were children's book authors; the others wrote non-fiction. I bought of few of their books, and they bought a few of mine also. I've read each and thought them wonderfully entertaining!

Normally, a signing would last at most two hours, but this one was scheduled from 11:00 to 4:00, and most of us stayed, enjoying talking to each other when business slowed. I had a great time!

My daughter Angie stopped by and took pictures of us, and brought me something to drink, which was sweet of her. She stayed about a half hour, bought one of the author's books, and chatted with everyone.

All and all, it was a very good day.

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

No comments: