Monday, April 16, 2007

Book going into production soon!

Hi there!
My mystery/romantic suspense novel, HER LAST LETTER, will be going into production soon. The printing company needs a few things from me first, but I'll take care of that this week. I expect the book will be ready for distribution in a month to two months. I'm very excited about it. I've put a lot of time, effort, and love into my novel, and tried to make it a fun and entertaining read. My aim was always to please a female audience, but it could possibly appeal to a male audience too. Time will tell. The premise for my book is rather unique, or at least I don't remember ever reading a book quite like it. I've included lots of dialogue and action scenes, and the pace of the book increases as more and more of the plot unfolds.

My characters became real for me right from the start, revealing themselves as they acted out their stories. I've been told they also seem real to the women who've read my manuscript. It's fun writing a book, hard work, but fun. In this one endeavor, I have complete control. If I say it rains, it rains. If I say the daffodils are in bloom, they are. Anything can happen and I determine it all. That's exciting for me! Plus, a lot of skill is involved. The words and sentences must have a certain music, a certain rhythm to them, depending on the emotions I hope to invoke. To do this even marginally well takes years of reading good writing and practicing the craft. Still, I feel I have a lot to learn, and am continually looking for ways to improve. I always try to offer the absolute best stories I am capable of writing.

And now I will get off my soap box and get busy fixing dinner. Talk to you soon. Nancy

Update - Website live as of July 11, 2007

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered at most bookstores.

No comments: