Sunday, April 22, 2007

Internet Down

Hello!
Well, I'm at the library writing this blog as my Internet at home is down. With any luck it will be up and running soon. Like at least one of the characters in my book, I hate it when things break. Actually, that probably applies to all of them. Who likes it when things break? Repairmen are the only ones I can think of at the moment ... and maybe toddlers. I'm planning to go to the book printing company tomorrow, which reminds me, I need to do a map quest before I leave here. I vaguely remember the directions, but I wasn't driving the last time so I wasn't really paying attention. The printing company is huge, or huge to me; I guess it is considered a medium size book printing company as companies go. It is over 10,000 square feet and a cool looking building inside and out! They put out a quality book product, and were nice enough to give me a tour of the building and an explanation of all the equipment housed there, and how it functions. I understood only a little of it, but it was really interesting. The book interior will be printed in sections called "signatures." At their company, a signature is 8 pages. I guess signatures can be as much as 16 or 32 pages. They will be using off-set printing for my book, a good choice. They also offer web printing, also a great choice and lightening fast I'm told!

So, I'll hand over the hard copy (manuscript) proof of my book tomorrow, and also a copy of the cover. They will use each to check against the proof copy they print, I suspect, in case of errors (mine or theirs). It will be 4-5 weeks before the books are printed and ready for me. That will give me time to work on my marketing plans, already in the works. But more on that later.

By the way, it is finally a beautiful Michigan spring Sunday afternoon, so I am anxious to get back outside! I'll talk to you soon. Nancy

Update - Website live as of July 11, 2007

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

No comments: