Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My first ever, ever, ever ... blog.

Hi there!
I created this site today and this is first time I've ever written a blog. I've read quite a few, but never felt the urge to write my own. But this blog site is so nice I wanted to have one all to myself.

Since I am a writer you would think writing this would be a piece of cake. Speaking of cake, I think I have a cupcake in the ... but I digress. (This is how writing doesn't get done, getting pulled away from the keyboard to do any number of time-wasting things.) I probably should talk about writing in some respect, since I've already mentioned my new book enough times. You remember, HER LAST LETTER, the mystery/romantic suspense novel I've been telling you about? I remind myself of a new mother. "Oh, look at her/him. Isn't she/he the most adorable, blessed, wonderful creation ever to grace this planet?" I do love my book, but I also love any number of others. Two of my favorite authors of late are Sue Grafton and Mary Higgins Clark. I'm also a long standing fan of Ira Levin, who wrote Rosemary's Baby, and A Kiss Before Dying, and Stepford Wives, among others. Not only were Mr. Levin's novels made into movies, they are written with such craft and simplicity you might not guess the man is a genius! Of course, if I'm really feeling nostalgic, I'll take out my old copy of The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, by Max Ehrlich. Wow! I've read it and reread it countless times. (They made a movie out of this one too, but didn't do it justice. I would love to see what Dreamworks would do with it now.) Well, I've only left out a few hundred other wonderful and deserving authors, but I'll save them for later.

I am hungry, so I think I'll go in search of that cupcake. I'm wondering now, can I delete this before it's too late? Nancy

Update - Website live as of July 11, 2007

Visit my website to read a FREE EXCERPT of my mystery romantic-suspense novel, Her Last Letter.

http://www.nancy-cjohnson.com/

Books are available online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and can be ordered through most bookstores.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: